Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My Arsenal of Photography

Now that I've completely given into photography, I decided to look back in time. I began collating all cameras in my immediate family and ended up with a mini museum. Here's the list:

Rolleiflex 2.8F
Year of Manufacture: 1960s
Film Type: 120mm, Medium Format, 12 exposures
Focussing: Manual, TLR
Frame Advance: Manual Winding
Exposure Control: Aperture size, Shutter speed, optional external flash.
Comment: Though I am yet to see the Rolleiflex 2.8F in flesh-and-blood, my dad tells me it is somewhere safe in the house.

Agfa Click III
Year of Manufacture: 1978
Film Type: 120mm, Medium Format, 12 exposures
Focussing: Fixed Focus
Frame Advance: Manual Winding
Exposure Control: Three modes (Daylight, Cloudy, Indoors/Night)
Comment: My parents' wedding gift. Working as good as new!

Minolta Freedom AF 35
Year of Manufacture: 1989
Film Type: 35mm, 36 exposures
Focussing: Autofocus
Frame Advance: Automatic
Exposure Control: Auto-flash with red-eye reduction
Comment: Working fine despite taking several crashes and abuse.

Canon Prima DX Junior
Year of Manufacture: 1995
Film Type: 35mm, 36 exposures
Focussing: Fixed Focus (32mm,1:5.6)
Frame Advance: Automatic
Exposure Control: Auto-flash with red-eye reduction, Manual override
Comment: My first camera. Not used much, just a couple of rolls. The Minolta never gave it a chance!

D-Link DSC-350F
Year of Manufacture: 2002
Film Type: CMOS Sensor, 0.3 mega pixels, 8MB internal memory, non-expandable
Focussing: Auto Focus
Frame Advance: N/A
Exposure Control: Auto-flash with red-eye reduction, manual override, sunny, cloudy, indoor, and macro modes.
Comment: Software malfunctioning after a crash. D-Link has stopped manufacturing this model.

Sony Handycam CCD-TRV-460E
Year of Manufacture: 2004
Film Type: CCD Sensor, 8mm Digital8 tape, MemoryStick Pro/Duo
Focussing: Autofocus with 20x optical zoom, with manual override
Frame Advance: N/A
Exposure Control: Auto with full manual override.
Comment: Working great. Helped me get some good footage of SpeedRun 2005.

Nikon F75
Year of Manufacture: 2005
Film Type: 35mm, 36 frames
Focussing: Autofocus with manual override
Lense(s): Tamron AF 28-105 1: f/4-5.6 & Tamron AF 70-300 1:f/4-5.6 LD Macro (1:2)
Frame Advance: Automatic
Exposure Control: Auto-Multi Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual, Landscape, Portrait, Night Portrait, Sports, Multiple Exposure, Exposure Compensation, Exposure Bracketing, Multiple-Frame, Auto-flash, Front-sync flash, Rear-sync flash, and Red-eye reduction.
Comment: My baby!

1 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Extempore said...

I am not sure what you mean by year of manufacture but the F75 is a 2003 release. I have the same Rolliflex at home and my mum refuses to give it to me till I know how to use the F75 perfectly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home